Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sugar Cookies part two

"They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?" from the movie Waking Life




Decorating cookies can be tricky. You need a plan, patience, and practice.  I had those, or at least I though I did. The results were not exactly what I had in mind, but it was fun, and I got to eat cookies ;)

The icing recipe I used is from I am baker. I got curious about the recipe because is so easy. Just four ingredients, how easy is that!!

Here is the recipe:

Sugar Cookie Frosting Recipe

1 cup Confectioners Sugar (powder sugar sifted)
1 Tablespoon Milk
1 drop Lemon Juice (fresh or processed)
1 Tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
Combine powder sugar, corn syrup, and lemon juice in a bowl.
******This next step is important! ******
If you need a thicker frosting, say for outlining your cookies, add less milk. Just a drop at a time.
If you have already outlined your cookies and need to fill in or ’spill’ your cookies, you can add more milk (as much as you would need) to make your frosting very runny.
If you are using food coloring, be sure to use less milk. Most food colorings are liquid and can make your frosting runnier. If you are using a gel food coloring, your milk quantity can remain the same.
If you want to add different flavors, you can add drops of vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon, etc. to flavor your frosting.
If you want more shine, use more corn syrup and less milk.
This frosting will stay good for days in the fridge.

And here is the result.



I had to use zip bags. They are great on emergency, but I found them a bit uncomfortable.  Just snip at a corner and  go crazy...



X-mas spirit anyone!!!!




Cute for St. Valentines




Halloween and baby onesie :)
Like I said, not exactly what I had in mind, but it was great practice. For the next cookie project I will concentrate on the onsies, and that will be for MY Baby Shower!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait.




See ya!!

Hecmi

No comments:

Post a Comment