Friday, November 5, 2010

A Different Kind of Sweet...

"I Loved you the minute I heard your heartbeat. I 

loved you the minute you were born. Then I saw your face and I fell 
in love some more. You were only a minute old, but I knew I would 
die for you, and to this day I still would. When you choose to have a
child you make a decision to allow your heart to walk around,outside of your body." From someone's Facebook status. 



Hand Embroidered Pillow case... The cute dog is our fur baby Leia... 
     This year started out crazy, I was missing something.  For the first time in my life I cried on New Years Eve, just as the clock said it was a new year, and it wasn't out of happiness. My new years resolution.... It wont happen again. At that moment I decided I waited enough to go after what I want. I started thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I just wanted two things more than anything, I remember I even posted it on my Facebook status on my birthday. Two thing to feel my life was on the right track, to make my dreams come true. First my own baking business and second, my baby. We had been waiting for a year, waiting for our little miracle. Finally, two weeks after my last day at my former job and two days after my birthday we got the amazing news. We were ready to wait longer, we left it all in God hands, but he decided it was time for us, He gave us the biggest blessing we could receive, and we couldn't be more grateful.  Our beautiful baby is on the way...

     So a new journey begins, morning sickness had me away from the kitchen for a while :( and  I ended up digging up my sewing machine ( which I had never before properly used) and started creating for my baby...

     Please take into consideration that I really don't know how to do any of these... lets just say You Tube is an amazing tool.

Minky blankets for my boy!! 

So cute!!! Can't wait to see him wearing these... lol

I'm quite proud of this, is not perfect, but I love it!
     If you are interested on learning crochet, I suggest you go here, she is great!!! you can also visit her website The Art of Crochet by Theresa. She explains everything very clearly. On her page you can find the written patterns plus a video. Even if you have never done this before (like me) you can create something beautiful. 
Shhhhh Sleping Baby!!

Love it!!! The elephant is my favorite....

     I have other projects pending, Ill post them once they are ready :)

     I guess is true, pregnancy does bring out the crafty woman in you ;)


Have a wonderful day!!
Hecmi ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment